Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Puppies and Birds





Today I played puppy mum as I watched over our friends Marlis & Arian's new dog, Huck. He is a wee 2 month old Lab retriever Australian Shepherd cross with a hell of a lot more energy than my dog did. Stella is now almost 2 years and seemed to be giving me these pleading looks after Huck repeatedly tried to hump her and ripe chunks of her fur out - he is cute though, and we both know it. The kids wrestled most of the day away and I managed to fill some christmas orders for my very supportive friends (thank you, by the way - it's really great to know Im making something people actually like.)

The good thing about puppy rearing is how much easier it is when there are two of them. I just let them go crazy all day and actually got some work done. Huck peed inside about 4 times and pooped once, which is frankly disrespectful. I cleaned more pee than I care to do at 10 am but despite that I think it was a very productive day all things considering.

1 comment:

  1. oh no, what a bad little berry. I am glad Stella kept the snapping alligator amused so you could get some work done -- I guess we owe her one. thanks again for filling in while I was away!!

    ReplyDelete