Wednesday, December 9, 2009

And the snow days begin....




It snowed here... a lot. Calgary is covered in a thick blanket of the cold white stuff. All my boots are wet and my feet are always cold. However, the snow blanket seems to be the only way the city goes quiet and I like that. Calgary is full of loud mouths and wannabe cowboys and only a thick snow covering can shut them up.

Snow days mean I have no choice but to slave away with feathers, so here's a few newbies I have whipped up.







Also, the new Parlour Magazine has hit coffee shops and boutiques here in Calgary and there in dear old Edmonton and WHAT DO YOU KNOW- Millicent earrings are featured in the main fashion spread. I got to tag along with Shelly and help find all the good stores here in Calgary for some clothing for the shoot. It was great fun, and even better when I got to wake up "early" and drive to the outskirts of Calgary for the amazing photo shoot of the prairie landscape (although my excitement and joy was tested when I got pulled over for speeding on the highway)

We used a pair of super duper long grey earrings I had made earlier in the summer that just screamed DRAMA. Sadly, the earrings got blown behind the models ear and look much less long and spectacular but, what can you do?

here's the link to the online version of the magazine. Look for the photo Clayton did in the fairytale perfect birch trees.

http://parlourlife.com/issu3.html

(that silver tassel is off my neck, and is something I am excitedly working towards for the January Millicent collection - EXPANDING TO NECKLACES and BRACELETS! Yip! Yip!)

here's my photo of what said earring actually look like;




This Friday I get to go to Edmonton for the holiday season, I will be working at my dear old Nokomis on Sunday up until xmas - come by a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment