Monday, June 20, 2011

Cobwebbing

I've been toying with the idea of cobwebs these days. Perhaps it's my new Big City surroundings, but I am inspired even more by nature and it's imperfections.  My cousin, Samantha, just turned 18 and is having her Grade 12 graduation this month so I played with my ideas of the cobweb and created this little ditty for her to sport with her "grapefruit pink" strapless silk dress to grad. Sammy has always had very similar aesthetics to myself, so I hope she loves it as much as I do! I used a very dainty "s chain" (which captures light in the most beautiful way) and webbed off the sections by hand tying the smallest Swarovski crystals onto the chain. My vision was capture the way a spider's web looks sparkling with dew in the mornings - a sight I would marvel at as a child out at my cottage in the Northern Alberta.


I haven't completely decided if this is a style I would recreate, it was insanely time consuming - but then again, most jewelry is the first time around. I hope you love it, Looly, it's a special necklace for a special girl! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment